Current Job Listing:
TECA Corporation in Chicago is a small manufacturing company, selling factory-direct a wide range of thermoelectric cooling products: www.thermoelectric.com Thermoelectric products serve in dozens of industries, supporting cooling processes in industrial, military, and laboratory environments.
Assembly Production Worker:
Assembler position performs mechanical and electrical assembly and wiring of ThermoElectric Cooling units according to assembly guidelines and diagrams. Assembler produces final assembled units in a uniform and consistent manner.
ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLY EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and understanding of basic circuits.
- Experienced in wiring of electronic systems.
- Able to identify different gauges of wiring, determine proper length of wires.
- Able to perform stripping, routing, tinning and crimping of wires and terminals.
- Able to identify different electronic components: capacitors, transformers, resistors, connectors, rectifiers….etc.
- Experienced in operation of soldering iron and heat gun.
- Able to solder and unsolder electrical components.
- Able to identify and use proper hand tools: screwdrivers, wrenches, power drills, riveting tools, nut drivers, wire strippers, cable tie gun, etc.
- Able to mount parts on rack panels using proper mounting fixtures, screws and nuts, without stripping screws or damaging unit.
- Able to read and consistently follow assembly guidelines (in English).
- Must read and follow diagrams and drawings.
- Must be able to communicate in English with supervisors, accurately describing production and assembly details.
- Must be able to lift 20-40 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to stand or walk for more than 5 hours at a time.
- Hours: 7AM to 3:30PM Monday through Friday 40 hours per week.
- BCBS Health Insurance plan
- Dental, Life, STD, and LTD insurance plans
- 10 paid holidays and additional paid vacation/personal days
- Simple IRA
Candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check. EOE.