Current Job Listing:
TECA Corporation in Chicago is a small manufacturing company, selling factory-direct a wide range of thermoelectric cooling products: www.thermoelectric.com Thermoelectric products serve in dozens of industries, supporting cooling processes in industrial, military, and laboratory environments.
Our Electrical Technician position performs mechanical and electrical assembly and wiring of Thermo Electric Cooling units according to assembly guidelines and diagrams. Technician will assemble shrouds and sub-assemblies, produce final assembled units in a uniform and consistent manner, and satisfy Quality Control department’s requirement of workmanship.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic circuits.
- Experienced in wiring of electrical/electronic systems.
- Able to identify different gauges of wiring, determine proper length of wires.
- Able to perform stripping, routing, tinning and crimping of wires and terminals.
- Experienced in operation of soldering iron and heat gun.
- Able to solder and unsolder electrical components.
- Identify and use proper hand tools: screwdrivers, wrenches, crimpers, heat guns, riveting tools, nut drivers, wire strippers, etc.
- Use handheld power drills to assemble parts onto shrouds.
- Mount parts on rack panels using proper mounting fixtures, screws and nuts, without stripping screws or damaging unit.
- Identify different electrical components: capacitors, resistors, rectifiers, etc.
- Read drawings and follow assembly guidelines to determine correct parts and mounting hardware.
- Inspect component parts prior to assembly.
This job description does not state nor imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee will be responsible to follow other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years in an electrical assembly position
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Able to lift 50+ pounds
- Required to stand, reach, and bend
- Some technical and mechanical aptitude with ability to learn quickly
- Communicate effectively, cooperate and participate positively as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and analyze needs
- Detail & process oriented
- BCBS Health Insurance plan
- Dental, Life, STD, and LTD insurance plans
- 10 paid holidays and additional paid vacation/personal days
- Simple IRA
Candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check. EOE.